Conference Interpreting / Simultaneous Translation
Interpreting is an exercise aimed at facilitating communication across languages: the interpreter listens to the speaker (source) and then translates his/her words in the chosen target language.
Interpreting can be carried out in very different circumstances:
- conferences, congresses, colloquiums, seminars
- audits, business meetings
- meetings with a notary public or a lawyer
- business lunches etc.
Your requirements are our priority!
Mobile: 0033 (0)6 65 26 68 97
I have been working in the Interpreting field for the last 18 years, and have performed a wide range of assignments for both the private and the public sectors in France and in the UK.
I would be happy to provide you with French / English consecutive or simultaneous interpreting, in line with your requirements.
I can supply interpreting services both in France and abroad, as well as providing “turnkey” solutions for conferences and seminars (radio communication equipment / simultaneous translation / recruitment and management of the team of interpreters).
References in the following fields:
Business / Finance
Energy & Renewables
Signal processing / Computer science
Sociology / Labour law
Maritime affairs ...
Interpreting assignment carried out during the appeal for the founding of a national day against meningitis in France, on the initiative of Méningites France- Association Audrey, in partnership with the Meningitis Trust (UK) and the Institut Pasteur . On this occasion, I translated for Mrs Sue Davie, Meningitis Trust CEO.
Press conference at the Ministry of Health in Paris (Monday 27th of September 2010)
A tailored service
For each assignment I carry out a great deal of detailed research in order to become familiar with the line of business of the company or the organisation in question. Thus, to prepare for each interpreting assignment, I take the time to study the theme to be dealt with, and its specific terminology, in depth.
In order to prepare for an assignment effectively, I kindly ask my clients to provide me with background materials and relevant documents related to the event.
Naturally, I abide by a strict code of professional confidentiality, am fully committed to respecting confidentiality at all times and never take advantage of any information disclosed during the course of my work.
2000 – 2004 : In-house salaried French <> English Interpreter in England (Europe)
Employers: National Health Service / Local Authorities in the UK
Since 2004 : Freelance French <> English Interpreter in France (Europe)
Industrial & global companies, governments / administrations, local authorities, small and medium-sized businesses, universities, private individuals, conference organisers, etc.
Each assignment is unique and requires adequate preparation and research. After your requirements have been assessed, I shall quote you a fixed price for the job. Please CONTACT me for a free quote.
Exemples of interpreting assignments recently carried out:
* Simultaneous Translation - SAMARCH Forum - Managing Salmon and sea trout in the English Channel - Mont Saint Michel - Normandy, France - May 2018
* Simultaneous Interpreting - European project "Energy cities" - Rennes, Brittany, France - April 2018
* Simultaneous Translation - 1st international conference of Vitiligo sufferers' associations - Paris - April 2018
* Simultaneous translation - Scientific committee of the association « Paysage de Mégalithes » - Megalithism - Unesco - World Heritage - Carnac - Morbihan - Brittany - March 2018
* Simultaneous Interpreting - In-house training & Audit - Pharmaceutical industry - Paris - February 2018
* Simultaneous translation - Brassica conference - Syngenta - Saint Pol de Léon - Brittany, France - January 2018
* Simultaneous interpreting - Vinci Grands Projects' in-house event - Civil engineering - Paris - December 2017
* Simultaneous interpreting - Ninth international conference of the association for behavior analysis - Paris - November 2017
* Simultaneous translation - International conference on cultural Diversity in TV sports information - University of Lannion (IUT) - Brittany, France - October 2017
* Simultaneous interpreting - 36th Annual Conference of the European Bone and Joint Infection Society - Nantes - September 2017
* Simultaneous interpreting - 1st Ocean Observers Workshops - Océanopolis, Brest, Brittany, France - June 2017
* Simultaneous interpreting - Vinci Grands Projets' in-house event - Civil engineering - Brussels, Belgium - April 2017
* Simultaneous translation - Conference on French presidential elections - Wilfrid Martens Center for European Studies - Brussels, Belgium - March 2017
* Simultaneous Interpreting - In-house IT training (Oracle - SAP) - Paris - February 2017
* Simultaneous Translation - EU Interreg Project: "Bridge" - Rennes - February 2017
* Simultaneous interpreting - Parlementiary Day in Rennes - Topic: Smart cities - City of Rennes - Brittany, France - January 2017
* Simultaneous interpreting - Fibrous Dysplasia Partnership Conference - Lyon Est University of Medicine - City of Lyon, France - December 2016
* Simultaneous translation - "Robot4manufacturing" conference - La Roche sur Yon - Vendée area, France - October 2016
* Simultaneous translation - "Climate chance" conference - Nantes, France - September 2016
* Consecutive interpreting - Training session for EDF engineers- Bouchains Power Plant - September 2016
* Simultaneous interpreting - 6th IDF International mastitis conference - Nantes - September 2016
* Consecutive Translation - Welsh football team's press conference - Dinard - June 2016
* Simultaneous Interpreting - swine flu conference - Zoopôle de St Brieuc - Ploufragan - Brittany, France - April2016
* Consecutive Interpreting - Training session for EDF engineers - Cordemais Power Plant( Nantes area ) - April 2016
* Simultaneous Interpreting - Wine Master class in Aloxe Corton (Dijon / Beaune area) - Burgundy, France - March 2016
* Consecutive interpreting - Jazz Master Class c/o "Mr Reed" (American Jazz singer and drummer)- Saint Malo music school - February 2016
* Simultaneous interpreting - Scientific committee of the association « Paysage de Mégalithes » - Carnac - Morbihan - Brittany - January 2016
* Simultaneous translation - Business meeting (finance) - Paris - December 2015
* Simultaneous Translation - Annual Health and Climate Summit - COP 21 - Paris - December 2015 - Global Climate and Health Alliance / World Health Organisation (WHO)
Service available in the following cities:
Paris, Lyon, Brussels, Marseille, Bordeaux, Rennes, Caen, Nantes, Montpellier, Grenoble, Strasbourg, Lille, Le Havre, Toulouse, Orléans, Le Mans, Saint Malo, Brest, Dinard, Dinan, Dijon, Nice, Genève, Luxembourg, Lausanne, Annecy, Chambéry, Vannes
,Londres, Bristol, Plymouth, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, ...